Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in the CEDAR POINT EXPRESS contest, entrants must be Michigan residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WSMH viewing area and if entering by text, be an existing or new member of the FOX66 Text Club (further details are described below)
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., WSMH, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WSMH (the “Station”), Blue Lakes Charters and Tours, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once per person per day per email address and once per text entry number per day. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
2. Two ways to enter: Log onto www.wsmh.com and complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone and age, or text “EXPRESS” to the short code 21570. By entering, entrants are automatically entered into the FOX66 Text Club, and will receive up to one (1) message and/or offer per week. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts Monday, June 18, 2012 and all entries must be received by 11:59pm CT on Sunday, August 12, 2012. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
4. On August 13, 2012, ten (10) winners will be selected: Five (5) winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid online entries, and five (5) winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid text entries.
5. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Ten (10) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive four (4) tickets on Blue Lakes Charters & Tours Cedar Point Express and four (4) tickets for admission to Cedar Point on August 21, 2012. The trip does not include any meals or other incidental expenses. Each prize is valued at $340.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to the Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, before boarding the bus. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 3 days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility in a timely manner, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among the respective remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of the Station. The Station has the right to substitute prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
6. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
7. WSMH, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
8. WSMH, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that WSMH, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning / Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at G-3463 W. Pierson Rd., Flint MI,48504 and on the Stations website at www.wsmh.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to G-3463 W. Pierson Rd, Flint MI, 48504 by August 31, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and WSMH, Inc., Blue Lakes Charters, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM and Cedar Point accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. The Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. The Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. Mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.